Station 1 - Archie Plyler
942 East Main Street
Station one was renamed in honor of the late Fire Chief Archie Plyler. Chief Plyler began his career with the Prattville Fire Department in 1972 after retiring form a 20 year fire service career with the military. Chief Plyler progressed through the ranks and became the City’s Fire Marshal in 1979. In 1993 chief Plyler became the Fire chief and served in that capacity until he retired in 1996. The department made significant progress under his leadership and guidance and during his tenure the department acquired a new ladder truck and a new pumper. Chief Plyler also laid the ground work for a new fire station in Prattville East at 1904 Briarwood.
Station 2 - Herman Scott
163 West Fourth Street
Station Two was renamed in honor of former Fire Chief Hermon Scott. Chief Scott began his career with the Prattville Fire Department in 1923 as a volunteer. He progressed through the ranks to chief in 1965 and became the first paid Chief of the Fire Department. The Fire Department made significant progress under Chief Scott’s leadership and guidance and during his tenure became a fully paid department and moved from the rear of the old City Hall to the Fire Station located at 942 East Main Street. Chief Scott served a total of forty-nine (49) years with the Prattville Fire Department.
Station 3 - George Donald McGough
Station Three was named in honor of former Fire Chief Donald McGough who spent 38-1/2 years of dedicated service for the city of Prattville in the Fire Department; and 20 of those years were as Fire Chief. The department made significant progress and became renown for its progress state under his leadership, guidance and forethought including starting the first Medic transport service in the State and initiating the requirements necessary for lowering the city’s insurance rating from a class 7 to a class 4. Chief McGough was active and respected in numerous fire organizations including as President of the Alabama Association of Fire Chiefs and as State Director of the Southeast Fire Chiefs Association.
Training Facility - Stanley E. Gann
290 Echlin Blvd
The Training Facility was named in honor of former Fire Chief Stanley Gann. Fire Chief Stanley Gann began his career with the Prattville Fire Department in 1981. Chief Gann spent 30 years of dedicated service to the City of Prattville with the last 14 years as Fire Chief. Under the command of Chief Gann the department made significant progress under his leadership and guidance. Chief Gann was instrumental in securing the land and relocating the Training Facility to where it is located today. Chief Gann continued to make training firefighters a priority with the purchase of a new 6 story drill tower. The building of a 2 story rope rescue tower and a new classroom. Chief Gann was dedicated to the training of firefighters and EMT's and with this dedication the Prattville Fire Department became the first Regional Training Center for the Alabama Fire College. The Training Facility now trains firefighters from across the United States. Chief Gann retired in 2011 and the Training Facility was renamed in his honor in 2012 to the Fire Chief Stanley Gann Training Facility.